Does is the 2020 Acura RDX Have All-Wheel-Drive?
AWD in your next luxury SUV can offer improved performance on Aurora roads. With drivers hitting the road in the new RDX, you might be wondering: does the 2020 Acura RDX have all-wheel drive? Yes, while the RDX lineup features standard FWD, drivers can upgrade their luxury package with the brand’s own Acura Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system which delivers its own benefits behind the wheel. Learn more about Acura Super Handling All-Wheel Drive from the automotive experts at Courtesy Acura!
What is Acura Super Handling All-Wheel-Drive?
So, what sets apart Acura Super Handling All-Wheel Drive from other drivetrain options like RWD, FWD, or 2WD? This feature offers improved dry-road handling during challenging conditions while it also redistributes engine power for more precise weight distribution, traction, driver input, and more. These are some of the other ways Acura Super Handling All-Wheel can improve your luxury driving experience:
- Acura SH-AWD determines the optimal level of power distribution between the front and rear wheels individually based on wheel speed, steering angle, lateral G-force, and yaw rate.
- Acura SH-AWD improves fuel efficiency by sending 90% of the power to the front wheels when cruising in a straight line.
- Acura SH-AWD transfers nearly 45% of engine power to the rear wheels and takes full advantage of additional, available traction.
- Acura SH-AWD enables you to make turns easily as 70% of torque is applied to the rear or outside wheels and offsets some of the vehicle weight that has been shifted.
- Acura SH-AWD offers more handling when turning as it reduces understeer and increases stability by revolving the outside rear wheel 2.7% faster than the other wheels to ensure they keep moving.
Acura RDX Performance Specs
No matter if you opt for an Acura RDX Standard, Technology, A-Spec, or Advanced Package, you can take on Denver roads with a powerful and fuel-efficient performance. The RDX also boasts an impressive towing capacity to provide extra strength on and off the job site. These are the performance specs for Acura RDX AWD models below:
- Turbo Aluminum-Alloy 2.0L 4-Cylinder engine
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- 272 hp
- 280 lb-ft of torque
- 1,500-pound towing capacity
- 21 city mpg / 27 hwy mpg*
Acura RDX Safety and Towing Features
Along with the powerful and fuel-efficient performance to back up your RDX AWD capabilities, you’ll be backed by advanced safety features and towing accessories to ensure safe and secure handling on Highlands Ranch roads. Some of the standard safety and towing features you’ll have at your fingertips include:
- Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters
- Agile Handling Assist
- 4-Mode Integrated Dynamics System
- Surround View Camera
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Blind Spot Information (BSI) System
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
- Brake controllers
- Weight distribution
- Trailer hitch
- Hitch accessories
Discover Acura RDX AWD Models at Courtesy Acura
After checking out the Acura RDX AWD capabilities you can learn more about this luxury SUV and the benefits it offers on Centennial roads. Take a look at our new and pre-owned RDX inventory to see what models suits you best, learn more about the RDX cargo space, then explore your leasing or financing options with a member of our sales team. Contact us today for more information on our Acura dealership near Littleton!
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.
More on the Acura RDX
- August 8, 2018
Contact Us The Acura MDX is the brand’s three-row luxury SUV, and has earned a reputation for comfort, fuel-efficiency, safety, and technology. For 2019, it gets an A-Spec package, an upgraded 9-speed automatic transmission, and new interior and exterior color options. But what do the critics think of the new MDX, and is it…
- April 10, 2018
Contact Us Whether you’re toting your family around Highlands Ranch or picking up speed around Centennial, the Acura Integrated Dynamics System (IDS), available on many new Acura models, lets you feel your vehicle’s response more directly and includes different modes for different situations on Aurora and Denver roads. But that’s just the beginning. Learn more…
- March 29, 2018
Contact Us The Sport Hybrid 3-Motor System optimized low-end torque for enhanced acceleration, boosts fuel efficiency, and sharpens handling on the following Acura models: NSX: The engine and electric motor power the rear wheels, with twin electric motors operating front wheels to aid in more advanced acceleration, steering, and braking. RLX Sport Hybrid: Uses a…