5 things you WANT to know about Nitrogen tires!
At Courtesy Acura, you always have the opportunity to upgrade your vehicle by adding nitrogen tires. After reading this, you may never go back to compressed air!
1. Oxygen in compressed air permeates through the wall of your tires which causes your tire pressure to decrease. On average a tire that is inflated with compressed air will lose anywhere from one to three pounds of pressure per month. Once this occurs, you run into problems such as: uneven tire wear, lowered fuel economy, and greater chance of tire failure [i.e. blowouts]. Nitrogen has a larger molecular structure so it will not escape like compressed air!
2. Oxygen is extremely destructive to rubber and other materials that make-up your tires. Nitrogen, on the other hand, is inert or non combustible and non corrosive and will not damage your tires. Also, nitrogen is a dry gas which helps eliminate moisture build up that could contribute to corrosion of the tire’s steel components.
3. Drivers with nitrogen tires claim to have experienced improved steering, handling and braking!
4. Nitrogen reduces the rate of tire failure was by 50%!
5. The life of your tire’s tread on nitrogen tires is typically 25-30% longer!